26th September 2016
Condor Gold plc
(‘’Condor’’ or “the Company”)
CONDOR GOLD PLC ANNOUNCES ITS RESULTS FOR THE SIX MONTHS ENDED 30 JUNE 2016
Condor Gold PLC (“Condor”, the “Company” or the “Group”), an AIM listed company presents its unaudited interim financial report for the 6 month period to 30th June 2016.
Condor completed a Pre-Feasibility Study (PFS) and two Preliminary Economic Assessments (PEAs) on La India Project in Nicaragua in December 2014. Whittle Consulting Limited produced a mining optimisation study in January 2016, which produced an average NPV US$196million and average IRR of 30% across four production scenarios. Production ranges from 101,000 oz gold per annum from a single open pit to 165,000 oz gold per annum once feeder pits and underground production is included. Condor has applied to permit a base case with a processing plant of 2,800 tonnes per day capable of producing 100,000 oz gold per annum for the first 5 years of production from a single open pit.
Highlights to June 2016
- Whittle Consulting mining optimization study showed an average NPV US$196million and average IRR of 30% across 4 production scenarios on La India Project.
- Production ranges from 91,000 oz gold per annum from a single open pit to 165,000 oz gold per annum once feeder pits and underground production is included.
- Recovered gold ranges from 796,000 oz gold to 1.437million oz gold over life of mine
- £2.818million raised by way of a private placement of new ordinary shares in May 2016, lead by Ross Beaty, a well known Canadian mining entrepreneur.
- 242 km² soil survey commenced in June 2016 over remainder of 313 km² La India Project aimed at demonstrating a District Play.
- Successfully renegotiated terms for the final payments for the purchase of the Espinito-Mendoza Concession at the heart of La India Project. Allows conversion of a Soviet classified resource on the Mestiza Vein Set of 2,392kt at 10.21g/t gold for 785,684 oz gold to western standards. The Mestiza Vein Set is excluded from the PFS and PEAs.
- Ministry of Environment has confirmed an Environmental Impact Assessment for a 2,800tpd processing plant with capacity to produce approximately 100,000 oz gold per annum has passed a technical review.
Post Period Highlights
- Rock chip of 53.8g/t gold at the Los Limones prospect and geological mapping has identify a quartz vein of 500m strike length. Los Limones prospect is at the northern end of the 12.5km “Los Limones–Andrea” mineralise corridor, identified by Condor’s geological mapping, soil surveys, rock chip sampling, trenching, geophysics and structural interpretations. It highlights a potential new discovery on La India Project some 9km north of the main La India open pit.
Mark Child, Chairman and Chief Executive of Condor Gold, commented: “I am delighted to announce these results. Condor Gold is making good progress in de risking its La India project and we are very pleased that the Ministry of Environment in Nicaragua has confirmed an Environmental Impact Assessment for our proposed processing plant with the capacity to produce 100,000 oz gold per annum has passed a technical review. The extensive soil sampling program, rock chip sampling and geological mapping continues to yield positive results, enhancing our interpretation of the geology and demonstrating the potential for a substantial gold District at La India Project. The Board of Condor Gold continues to use its best endeavours to maximise value for its shareholders.”
A copy of the Company's unaudited Interim Report for the six months ended 30th June 2016 is also available on the Company's website, www.condorgold.com
*PLEASE VIEW THE PDF ATTACHMENT TO SEE FULL REPORT*
For further information please visit www.condorgold.com or contact:
Condor Gold plc
Mark Child, Executive Chairman and CEO
+44 (0) 20 74932784
Beaumont Cornish Limited
Numis Securities Limited
Roland Cornish and James Biddle
+44 (0) 20 7628 3396
John Prior and James Black
Farm Street Media
+44 (0) 7593 340107
About Condor Gold plc:
Condor Gold plc was admitted to AIM on 31st May 2006. The Company is a gold exploration and development company with a focus on Central America.
Condor completed a Pre-Feasibility Study (PFS) and two Preliminary Economic Assessments (PEA) on La India Project in Nicaragua in December 2014. The PFS details an open pit gold mineral reserve of 6.9M tonnes at 3.0g/t gold for 675,000 oz gold producing 80,000 oz gold p.a. for 7 years. The PEA for the open pit only scenario details 100,000 oz gold production p.a. for 8 years whereas the PEA for a combination of open pit and underground details 140,000 oz gold production p.a. for 8 years. La India Project contains a total attributable mineral resource of 18.4Mt at 3.9g/t for 2.33M oz gold and 2.68M oz silver at 6.2g/t to the CIM Code.
In El Salvador, Condor has an attributable 1,004,000 oz gold equivalent at 2.6g/t JORC compliant resource. The resource calculations are compiled by independent geologists SRK Consulting (UK) Limited for Nicaragua and Ravensgate and Geosure for El Salvador.
Neither the contents of the Company's website nor the contents of any website accessible from hyperlinks on the Company's website (or any other website) is incorporated into, or forms part of, this announcement.